Monday, June 22, 2009

What we've been up to

We have had a crazy few weeks. Teeth coming in...

Teeth falling out, and a broken collar bone from hanging on the couch and falling off, which led to our first trip to the emergencey room...

Infections in not so pleasant places... second trip to the emergency room in three days. What a week!

I wasn't going to show any more of the projects I've been working on because I thought that they probably bored you to death to look at, but I've had a few requests to show what I've been up to in that department, so...here is my old white legged and oak topped table, sporting a new coat of black paint on the chairs and the legs of the table, with a top that matches my cupboards. I love the new look. Paint is so fun.
I just finished some window coverings for my naked kitchen windows...I also am really into using chalkboard paint right now, which I think is a nice change in my decorations. Here are two chalkboards on the side of my new cabinets...

One to write fun things on in the kitchen...
And one in the laundry room.
Here is the bed I picked up for a steal at the DI. It used to be a wooden color but I wanted it white, so again, I used heirloom white spray paint from Home Depot. I love how it turned out. It is now in my guest bedroom just waiting for a mattress and a guest to sleep in it. So, if anyone wants to visit...come on over!
I also found a great deal on some old windows and I have been busy transforming them into shelves and coat racks. This one is also in my guest bedroom. I think it still needs a little something. Well, that's what I've been up to. Now it's your turn:)

3 comments:

Krissa said...

Oh wow...it looks like you guys have been busy.
I love seeing what you have been up too...you are so talented I love seeing it.
Thanks for sharing!!!!

Mickelson Family said...

Wow! Megan you are so talented. I would love to hang out at your house and check out everything you have done. Sorry to hear about Kira I hope she gets better soon, and Kate too. We need to come by and see you guys someday.

Walters Family said...

You truly are amazing! I LOVE to see your projects and all your fun ideas! It truly inspires me! Sorry to hear about the "owies" in the family. Bummer! Hope they get better soon!