Friday, April 17, 2009

And the final decision is...

First of all I have to say THANK YOU for all of your great advice about my ceiling painting problem. I have been going back and forth about it for two weeks, and about a hundred more times since I got all of your feedback, and I have to say that it was a hard decision, but you all helped me so much in making it. The numbers came back 4 for white and 2 for brown, and because of all the great comments, you helped me decide that what I really wanted was to get away from the traditional and try something fun and new, so last night I was up until one o' clock painting my ceiling brown, and I think it turned out so awesome! It is a little darker in the room, but it actually makes it feel a lot more warm and cozy. I'm so glad that I took a chance and dared to do something different because it turned out better than I expected. So that is my advice to you...do something that you've always wanted to do if it feels right to you, and in the end it might turn out better than you even thought. And if not you can always repaint your ceiling back to white! :)

2 comments:

Marissa said...

You need to post pictures of it finished! I really want to see it! I'm sure it looks great! And by the way, I love the last sentence on your post! It is actually really good advice... even if it your not making a decision about paint!

Amber said...

YEAH! But, yes, where's the pics?? :) I'm glad you are happy! You're right- especially with paint- just paint over it if you don't like it! I'm excited for you! Hmmmm, you're making me REALLY want a new house to repaint things........ "Hey, Ryan...." :)