Sunday, May 10, 2009

ALOHA!

I LOVE MAUI!! Hawaii is one of my favorite vacation spots because it is so beautiful and relaxing, and I swear, every time we go it just gets better. This time we were lucky enough to go with my side of the family (without the kids - yeah!) and celebrate one last hooplah (is that a word?) before my little brother, Nate, goes on his mission in June. There is so much I could show and tell, but I thought I'd just go for a few of my Maui Favorites:

The beautiful view from our balcony on Kaanapalii beach...
Leaving my sandles behind and running around in my barefeet with the sand squishing between my toes... Snorkeling at Black Rock and...
at the nature reserve where I swam with my first turtle:)...
Making sand sculptures with my cute sister...
Hanging out on the beach with my awesome brother...
Whale watching from the beaches. The whales were all supposed to be headed back to Alaska by now, but a few hung around and we saw them slapping the water a lot and we also saw a baby humpback jumping out of the water. If you look really close in the middle back of the water in this picture, you can see a tiny arm sticking out. It looks like a little black line...
Hiking to the Iao Needle and...
to the top of Haleakalea, the volcano...
Shopping in Lahina is always a favorite and here I am hiding in the amazing Banyan tree ...

Drinking Pina Colada smoothies on the beach at the hotel with my brother and sister-in-law...
The DELICIOUS food at the Luau that we went to on our last night...
The beautiful and delicious smelling flowers everywhere you go...
All the fun animals at the Maui Ocean Center Aquariuam...And finally my flower lei from Dave. What an awesome trip!
Aloha and Mahalo Maui! We love you!

4 comments:

Walters Family said...

Oh my gosh, that looks WONDERFUL! Sounds like you lived it up there. Some day... some day, I will go there. So, glad you had a great time AND without kids!

Jenny said...

Glad you had a good time, Meg. Then again, how could you not?! It looks beautiful there! Thanks for keeping us updated on the trip. And no kids?? What could be better?

Marissa said...

Looks amazing!! I am going to sit here and look at the pictures and daydream that I am in Hawaii without my kids right now! Yeah.. not the same. Especially with Sophie yelling in the background. Sounds like a DREAM vacation! Glad you had a good time! Your pictures are beautiful!

Blended Joy said...

It looks like a place I just visited :), in fact you look just like someone I saw at the airport :). It is fun to look at your pictures, but like you I wish I was still there! Did you go to the Hyatt for the Luau??, because it looks like the same punch and glass we had. We also went shopping, we even shopped under the banyon tree at a local fundraiser on Sat. I believe!! Too crazy to run into someone from Utah in Hawaii!! Glad you enjoyed yourselves!! Have the kids punished you much?? Debbie