Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bedroom Makeover

I've been so excited to redo my bedroom. (Sorry I didn't take a before picture but the walls were white and plain and there was nothing on the walls because I wasn't sure what to do yet.)I read somewhere that your bedroom should be a sanctuary where you can go to relax and it should be somewhere you love that you can go to get away from the kids and just enjoy. So... I painted it a relaxing shade of green (which you can't really see in these pictures) and got some new brown curtains to match the bedspread. I put a picture of Dave and I above the bed...
Put up some shelves with some of our favorite pictures of us and one of the family...
Put up a picture from Hawaii, one of our favorite vacations together...
And put up this saying that says "Happiness is being married to your best friend". I love the way it turned out and now it is somewhere that I LOVE to be and read and relax. I did it just before my surgery and it has been so nice to have someplace nice to be while I've been in bed a lot. So there is my attempt at a home makeover:)

1 comment:

Walters Family said...

Totally love your room! It looks so wonderful and peaceful. A true sanctuary. I love to look of your blog! LOVE IT!! You do so good at it.