Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I just found a great quote while I was blogsurfing...

"The grand and the simple. They are equally wonderful. We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are.” ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

I love this because I know that I have a tendency to always try to run faster than I need to or than I even can, and then I crash hard. I am always trying to be better like so and so, or do something the way that "they" do it. I told Dave one night that I wish I was more like my mom, getting things done all the time and having a clean house, etc. He said to me, "Megan, that's fine, but you have to do it in your own way." That really hit me and so lately I have been trying to be more comfortable with who I am and what I can do and then trust that that will be enough. Because of this, I had an "aha" moment a few weeks ago where I figured out that I am NOT a multitasker like most women I know. When I try to be, I go crazy. With me it is either take care of the kids, OR clean the house. There is no AND. It just enlightened me when I realized this because it changed my whole cleaning, laundry, life schedule. Now I try to do things at more of a "one at a time" pace and it is working so much better for me. I've been second guessing myself though, wondering if there is something wrong with me because I can't do it all at once. Finding this quote was an answer to my questioning. We are all different and need to do things the way that is comfortable for us and our family. I needed this today.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Amen and Amen! :) I agree with all of that!

Katie Jane said...

Oh, meg. I love the quotes you find. LOVE! I am right there with you at needing to choose ONE thing and do it. Thanks for your inspiration. Just wondering...do you have a collection of quotes you like?

Also, I remember a long time ago you wondered if I was a Modbe person. I never got back to you and I feel terrible. I can't keep my life straight and it's worse now than usual. But to answer your question. I am not a consultant for Modbe. Sorry. I know someone who is, so let me know if you need me to order something through her. I'd be more than happy to.