Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Simple Joys of Motherhood

The other day I was in one of my favorite little shops in Heber, "My House", and I read this poem on one of the plaques they had.

I am your parent, you are my child.
I am your quiet place, you are my wild.
I am your calm face, you are my giggle.
I am your wait, you are my wiggle.
I am your finish line, you are my race.
I am your praying hands, you are my saving grace.
I am your lullaby, you are my peekaboo.
I am your goodnight kiss, you are my I love you.
It got me to thinking about my kids and being a mom and what an amazing relationship that is. Sometimes I get into a rut of boredom and yelling and thinking my kids are so bad all the time, so I decided to stop and look around at all the things they do every day that make me smile and laugh. It has been fun to document for myself and so I thought that every once in a while I will do a blog of all the things that I simply treasure about being a mom.

Bryce was crying so I walked into my bedroom expecting him to be in his bouncer and this is what I found. What you don't see, because I picked him up, is that Kate had pulled Bryce out of his bouncer and put him down next to the bouncer on the floor, hence the crying, to replace him with her bear. I love that she even strapped her in!
Later that same day I went downstairs to find Zoe with a new addition to her collar. Kira was the culprit here. Here is a closeup so that you can see her stretchy Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast is what she wrapped around in the collar.
Doesn't Zoe look thrilled! The girls are always putting necklaces on her neck and riding her around the house. No wonder she runs away!

I love it when Kira draws because she is so passionate about it and she does a really great job. Here are a few of my favorites.

This is Barbie Island Princess, complete with peacock wings.

Here is a picture of Sponge Bob Square Pants and a Princess. I didn't even know she knew who Sponge Bob was, but apparently she watched it at grandma's house and drew me this picture when was in the hospital with Bryce. No one helped her and I think it's awesome!

These hang on my fridge because I love to look at them. It is me, Kira, Kate and baby Bryce in both of them. She finally started to draw Kate in the pictures. She was boycotting that for a while and would draw the whole family - minus Kate. Funny.

I found this leftover cookie and drink of Kate's when I opened the fridge to make lunch the other day.

This morning I was SOOOOOO tired from being up 3 nights in a row with whiny kids and so when Bryce started crying in the morning it took me a while to wake up enough to go and get him. When I went in his room he was SCREAMING and sweet Kira was laying next to him singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and trying to calm him down. She is so cute.Here is my last picture. When I came downstairs this afternoon I found my manly little boy with this cup on his head, lovingly put there by his big sister Kira. The look on his face says it all! I love being a mom!Oh, I also wanted to write down a few of the cute things I hear during the day:

The other day we had Barbie Mariposa movie on in the background and Barbie says, "I have to go, duty calls." Kira turned to me and said, "Mom, who's duty?"

One night Kira started to pet her arm and she asked me where her arm pet was. It took me three tries to figure out that she meant her arm pit:-) She is learning about her body at preschool and has so many questions, but this one took me a minute to answer.

Kate walked into Bryce's room one day and I had all of his toys out playing with him and she got this look of horror on her face (with one eyebrow up and her hands on her hips) and said, "What's going on here!" It was so funny.

And tonight, as I write this blog, Kira is cheering for daddy and his PS2 football game with her pom poms and everything and Dave tells her she is his good luck charm and to "keep it up" so Kira stops and looks and him and says "Daddy, why can't I keep it down?" I love all the fun things they say. More to come later.

No comments: