Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Meet Sarah the catepillar! Can you see her there on the leaf? What a beauty! One of my favorite things to do at the beginning of each school year when I was growing up, was going with my family to find monarch catepillars on the side of a country road and then bringing them home to watch them grow and turn into butterflies. My dad is such a nature person and loved to show us all about the wonder of nature with this experience. Each year we would also take one to school so that our class could watch the wonder of a catepillar change into a butterfly. What a fun tradition to pass on to my own kids. This weekend at the cabin my dad took Kira to go and find catepillars. They found this one and Kira named her Sarah. I am so excited to keep the tradition alive, and so is Kira:)

1 comment:

Mickelson Family said...

what a great name!!! I hope you guys get a beautiful butterfly soon!