Sunday, August 30, 2009

As I sit here blogging my emotions are running wild. Tomorrow is Kira's first day of Kindergarten and I just can't believe it. I can't be old enough to have a child in school, can I? This feels so surreal.

I am so excited that she finally gets to go, for lots of reasons:
1. she is SO SO ready - she is so creative and loves to learn,

2. she can't wait to go and meet new people and have "so much fun mom" so I am excited for her socially,

3. I am excited to have 3 hours with only 2 kids - one of which will be taking a nap so really only one child:)!!!! (I know I am not the only one who feels like this:))

I am also so scared...what if she hates her teacher, what if she doesn't make any friends, what if she won't get on the bus because she is so scared herself, what if she has homework that I can't understand, what if, what if what if...

Oh well. I guess it is here so I will have to be a grown up about it. I am just so proud and excited and scared and nervous and seriously in need of some chocolate to calm me down. I'm off to the pantry.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I know, Meg. I know. It's so hard sending your child off into the cold, cruel world. I just have to keep telling myself that it's for their own good. But Kira will do great! She'll have more friends than she'll know what to do with! Send some of that chocolate over to Kansas, though, will ya? :)