Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the blahs

Okay, so i'm not just blah about blogging. I'm blah about life right now. I'm not going to go into any more detail than that because I am not ready to share, but I have found some things in the last few days that have strengthened me and my resolve to be better. I thought that I would share them with you. The first is a new website called (in)courage. http://www.incourage.me/ . It is a bunch a faith inspired women (not LDS) who live in courage and I have found strength in their messages. The next are three quotes that have inspired me.
#1
The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself. - Anna Quindlen


#2
Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. - Howard Thurman


#3
What is it that excites you, and gets you fired up in a positive way, and makes it impossible for you to sit still? Whatever it is fill your awareness with it. Bright, sparkling, delicious enthusiasm will get you going in a powerful, purposeful direction. Enthusiasm will keep you going strong even when nothing seems to be going your way. There's something, some goal, some dream, some intrinsic purpose that will put you in a state of irrepresible enthusiasm. Get busy, find it and connect with it because when you do your effectiveness will skyrocket. Let yourself dream your biggest, most wonderful and fulfilling dreams. Then reach in, grab the very esscense of those dreams and you'll have a handful of priceless enthusiasm. The best that you can imagine is already within you. So bring it to the surface and let it positivley infect your whole world. Find your own unique, joyful and powerful enthusiasm. And let it carry you to magnificent places. - Ralph Marston

1 comment:

Walters Family said...

Wow... love those inspiring quotes! I know there are days that I just feel like no matter what, my good just isn't good enough. I know that is Satan talking in my ear... would the Savior really tell me that? I know he looks at my heart and knows the desires of my heart even though I can't seem to fulfill them at the moment. Take courage and KNOW you are enough for Him. Keep your chin up, Girl!